5 Ways to De-Stress in January

Thursday, January 21, 2016



With December flying by and January finally coming to an end, you might be needing some ways to de-stress and relax. You probably just finished getting the Christmas and holiday gifts to your friends and family and if you're in college, like me, your probably super broke. Winter is really coming headstrong this season, especially with the huge snowstorm coming around this weekend. To avoid premature wrinkles, dry skin, annoying people, and your winter slump, here are some of the ways to wind down from all the stress.


1. Stay away from social media. I think that social media can be so deceiving. Returning back to campus, it might seem as if everyone is having the time of their lives. There might be Snapchat stories of girls hugging each other, but what they're actually doing is taking the picture. They aren't really enjoying time with each other. Along with this, there's syllabus week. Some people choose to go out every night of the week (I don't know how they can do it) but that doesn't mean you have to as well. Stay away from the social media, especially Snapchat and possibly Instagram to avoid FOMO. If you didn't know, there's a way you can temporarily delete your Instagram account now. Yup, your welcome! 

2. Read! I used to enjoy reading when I was younger and as I'm growing up, I'm starting to drift away from books because I am so busy doing homework for my classes and working events for clubs. Right now, I'm reading "All Over but the Shoutin'" by Rick Bragg, a famous journalist who wrote for the New York Times Newspaper. 

3. Paint your nails. This is such a good de-stresser. If your toe nails are bare or chipping, turn up the music and paint your toes. You can do this while doing almost anything. While waiting for your nails to dry, watch some Netflix, Youtube, or read a book! You can also eat. I recommend ice cream. 

4. Use coconut oil. This is a natural and all-organic oil that can be used for basically everything. Coconut oil can be used as lotion, spread to soften feet, remove makeup, and so much more. I spread about half a pea-sized amount of coconut oil each night over my face. I use it as a nightly moisturizer and it is also really helpful with fading blemishes. Go coconut oil!!! :)))

5. Spend some time alone. When you're around people all day, especially in college, sometimes, you just need a moment to be alone and relax. I think that sometimes, we become so entrapped with our lives to become the best, the smartest, or the most successful that we forget about our health. You might have failed that last quiz and you won't be able to remember that quiz five years from now, but you will be able to remember the times you were mentally, physically, and emotionally unhealthy. Often, I like going to breakfast or eating dinner by myself so that I can just enjoy a little quiet time because I hate the feeling of always needing people. Make sure to get enough sleep. Eat your breakfast. Go to the gym. Take care of yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)