My Best Friend, Coconut Oil

Thursday, February 4, 2016


Literally though.

If you know me well, you would know that I could rave about coconut oil FOREVER!! I love coconut oil. It has so many purposes and it's so beneficial to everything. My first encounter with coconut oil began about two years ago when my mom had introduced me to it. This was when I was going through my really bad phase of acne and everything I seemed to put on my face just made it more greasy, patchy-dry, red, and painful. My mom suggested I try some coconut oil to rid the acne blemishes but I refused. Why on Earth would I put more oil on my face?! Yeah, no way.

This past summer, I lifeguarded for the fourth year. For my job, I'm required to swim laps everyday in the strong chemically chlorinated water. My skin is extremely sensitive and each summer, I know another plague of zits and oily, patchy, dry skin is ready to invade. I researched all over the internet for the best product that would protect me against the harsh pool chemicals. Before I dove in the water, I slathered on a thick layer of coconut oil and by the end of the swim, my skin was baby soft.

So, here are 10 reasons why coconut oil is my best friend:

1. You can use it as a substitute for hair conditioner.
2. It works great as a moisturizer.
3. If you want glowy skin for the summer, C.O. is your girl.
4. Coconut oil can be used to soften cuticles.
5. And used to soften your feet.
6. Softens the look of blemishes.
7. Makeup remover.
8. Protectant against harsh chemicals like pool water.
9. It can also serve as a sunscreen, but it's not that strong so make sure you wear another layer!
10. Use coconut oil to soften the look of stretch marks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)